1.9.7 Crashing

After deleting and reinstall, the frozen appears another time. Please review and update this great bug. Thnks

hi i have found quite an easy fix to this problem as i have been having the same problem myself.

i personally launch wow from bnet client on eu realm bloodhoof

if i log on with oqueue enabled game freezes after 2 seconds and only way out is alt + f4 as wow.exe is apparently not responding

if i log on and disable OQ through addon panel on character select screen then login and enable OQ thro adon control panel all works fine without a problem

is this a problem with swatter picking up an lua error from OQ which is maybe too long i dont know but is so far the only workaround i have found that works

so in hindsight it only crashes if i enter world with it enabled already and not if i enter world then enable.

hope this helps out some of you guys and please reply if this has worked for you. may help the staff get this bug sorted if they know it works maybe they can add something to script.

how hard to go back to 1.9.5 many ppl having same issue and it doesnt fix by disable/enable/reinstall etc. ffs

I instrumented the oqueue code by adding timeout checks to all for/while loops, and finally got the check to fire on this loop in oq.bnfriends_relay():

tbl.clear( _names ) ;

i = 0 ;

while (i < OQ_MAX_RELAY_REALMS) do

local ndx = oq.random(1,cnt) ;

local v = _tags[ndx] ;

if (v ~= nil) and (v.toonName ~= nil) and (_names[v.toonName] == nil) then

i = i + 1 ;

_names[v.toonName] = true ;

if (insure) then

oq.BNSendWhisper_now( v.toon_id, m, v.toonName, v.realm ) ;

else

oq.BNSendWhisper( v.toon_id, m, v.toonName, v.realm ) ;

end

end

end

This loop can become infinite if OQ_data.bn_friends contains multiple elements with identical toonName, and apparently this is the case in my situation — here is my “/oq who” output:

--[ OQ enabled ]--
37.40. A.Tixô-Arthas
45.51. A.Трэджеди-Вечная Песня
38.43. A.Ильфийка-Страж Смерти
8.22. A.Ïñööñè-Ravencrest
-3.23. A.Mauberzaus-
7.23. A.Mauberzaus-Ulduar
-3.22. A.Ïñööñè-
7 bn friends OQ enabled
382 OQ enabled locals

Don't know how these entries without the realm name appeared there, but their presence definitely can cause the infinite loop.

Duplicates in toonName may even be legitimate, if the same names on different realms actually belong to different accounts, therefore a more reliable key field should be used in bnfriends_relay().

how hard to go back to 1.9.5 many ppl having same issue and it doesnt fix by disable/enable/reinstall etc. ffs

1.9.5 at this point is obsolete. I just upgraded it these past couple days because you can't find groups otherwise (it tells me I am not qualified for things but I am).

I am sure Tiny is working on it, it just might take time.

P.S. Also, I have not experienced problems with it so it does seem to be isolated in a way. If this info helps any I do not run the desktop UI (I haven't forced to ... yet!) so I run it via the EXE file. Also, US not EU.

@sigprof

interesting. seems the realmName isn't being returned properly by b.net as it's supposed to when BNGetFriendToonInfo is called. i haven't seen this here and it could explain why the majority of issues have been reported in EU

i've also inserted a check to make sure the realmName isn't blank to protect against such a return. i also inserted an nMissed counter incase the loop gets stuck (which shouldn't happen now with the blank realm check)

as i cannot reproduce the freeze bug, please give 1.9.7c a try and let me know if it solves the problem

Registered to confirm hangs/crash on 1.9.7b, trying c now.

edit: looks better but:

I'm in EU playing on US server. I've noticed that for the last few versions (can't be more specific, sorry) my latency has gone up a lot with oqueue running, from the usual 180ms to anywhere between 200 and 500ms. Removing oqueue is instant return to low latency. This happens also with all other addons disabled.

if you have low bandwidth, increased bandwidth by the game could choke your latency. oQueue is communicating with people over b.net to get the data. if you have 30+ people currently online using oQueue, you prolly have quite a bit of data coming in

I figured that might be going on and blacked out everyone added by oq - much better now thanks. New version (c) working fine.

out of curiosity, what level of bandwidth do you have? Mbps up/down ?